Wednesday 27 July 2011

Sirens

Sometimes a product comes along that is just so genius that you wished you had thought of it.  This is one of those products.  Waterproof bronzer, so we have the mascara pool-proof, even lipstick can withstand a glamourous dip, but what about your sun kissed glow?  This is made by an incredible company called Hourglass,  The Venice, California based make-up brand was launched in 2004 by Carisa James.  I discovered it exclusively in Liberty, London, last month.

(image via)
Their products are multifunctional and their brushes are endorsed by PETA, always a huge plus in my book.  Some synthetic brushes struggle to match up to their natural bristle counterparts, but these are so thick and luxurious, providing an amazing finish on the skin.

(image via)
My absolute favourite product from Hourglass so far is this, Extreme sheen lipgloss in - Siren.  I have never in all my time as a make-up artist discovered such a vibrant, dramatic and metallic red.  I will be doing a tutorial soon showing how to achieve the perfect red pout and this is definitely one of the products I will be showcasing, you will be stunned at the results!

(image via)

Wouldn't this be a great look to work with your shiny red lips, courtesy of the super talented Charlotte Olympia, her shoes are always works of art!

(image via)

Finally I would like to introduce you to my guy, Daniel.


He has kindly agreed to help me out around here. When it comes to guys I am often asked questions about, eyebrow taming, pimples, dry lips, scar reduction, oily skin,  great hair products, you get the idea.  Usually by male actors, models, friends and family, I figured it was time answer some of those questions and with Daniel's opinion on the grooming products I ask him to try, review some of the potential solutions here.  So Gents, and Ladies, for all the men in your life, keep your eye out for our upcoming Gentleman's Row posts.

2 comments:

  1. ooh great product recommendation! i actually am based out in LA, California, i wonder if they have a store here? the worst is having your eye makeup stay on but your skin looks drab! thanks for the reco.

    xoxo, stpeh
    hoisinivy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph,

    I'm sure you will be able to find it in many places in LA, Lucky you, it is all superb!

    ReplyDelete